PORTER SERVICE

Get to know other Lodge Owners.
TAYL013

Food for Thought - “LRHC Porter Service”

I notice from the June Newsletter that 87 Lodge/Weeks have been returned to Club. Much of this may be due to senior/disabled members being unable to walk from their car parking spaces to their lodges.,In many instances this may be considerable, being up/down inclines and steps, and made more awkward if suitcases, cool-boxes etc. have to be carried.

Has consideration by Committee ever been given to providing a “LRHC Porter Service” whereby members may benefit from such a service and reserve it at the time of completing their Reservation Form and confirming, en route, their estimated time of arrival? On vacating their lodge at the end of their stay, this service could also be requested. This service would have to be “first come, first served", so it may be necessary for members to wait a short time.

A charge for this service could be by way of a standard charge for emptying each vehicle or a charge based on the number of items to be taken to/from the lodge.

I, for one, would certainly appreciate this service as I have difficulty walking without the aid of a walking stick and the time will soon come when we will have to return our lodge to the Club after enjoying it so much for 42 years!

Food for thought!!
Richard

Dear Mr. Taylor,

I trust this finds you well.

Your suggestion regarding a dedicated porter service at LRHC is indeed insightful and has been a topic of discussion within the committee. We understand that some of our members could benefit greatly from such assistance, particularly those with mobility difficulties.

Currently, we do have a team member on site on member check-in days - Thursday, Friday, and Saturday - who can assist with luggage and other needs. Although we haven't formally advertised this as a 'porter service,' it essentially provides the same support.

To make use of this service, members can simply contact the office to request help with luggage or any other concerns they may have upon arrival. We do our best to respond to these requests in a timely manner, although sometimes there may be slight delays due to attending other immediate issues.

As you rightly mentioned, this service is provided on a first-come, first-served basis. While we strive to offer prompt assistance, there might be occasions where members may have to wait for a short period.

We appreciate your continued support and your feedback regarding this service. If you need further information or have other suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,
Richard
ATKI004

Good morning, we have used the informal Porter service on three occasions and it has worked very well. Of course there may be a delay if more than one Lodge user wants to take advantage of this service, but it really is worth the short wait. We highly recommend the current Porter service, but perhaps at least one other pair of hands needs to be available to share the workload so we don't wear the Porter out? Over to you Richard .....
Richard

Dear Mrs Atkinson,

Thank you for your positive feedback on our current porter service. We are delighted to hear that it has made your visits to LRHC more enjoyable and convenient. It is our aim to make all our members' stays as comfortable and hassle-free as possible, and your experiences help us evaluate our services.

We also appreciate your thoughtful suggestion of adding additional help to share the workload, ensuring a smoother and more efficient service. This is indeed a valid point, and I will certainly bring this to the attention of our Committee. The feasibility of expanding the team will be assessed, taking into consideration factors such as budget and demand.

In the meantime, I want to assure you that we will continue to deliver this service to the best of our abilities, striving for minimal wait times and high efficiency.

Your feedback and suggestions are invaluable to us, and we encourage you to continue sharing your thoughts and experiences. If you have any other ideas or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Best wishes,

Richard Deak
ROBE007

Good evening,
Way back in the early Barrett days a Porter Service was readily available for Lodge Owners provided by village youngsters for a Tip. It was greatly missed when it ended.
I am therefore delighted to read on the forum that a limited Porter Service is available again, but very disappointed that it hasn't been mentioned in any of the Newsletters, and apparently available to only the few owners made aware of it.
As one of the original owners, and no longer in the first flush of youth, I had a huge struggle once again in June attempting to lift my Luggage and shopping from the car up the many stairs to our H/L particularly as I was still recovering from recent Surgery, I was totally unaware assistance was available as It would have considerably lessened the stress on both Arrival/Departure.
It surely wouldn't be too difficult to set up a Register of Elderly/Less Able OWNERS who could be prioritised for such a Porter Service.
Ronnie Robertson
ROBE007

I am greatly disappointed that neither Richard or any Committee Member had any comment to make on my enquiry about the Porter Service being available apparently for the 'chosen' few, whilst other Elderly or less able owners like myself are not even being made aware of such a Service!
Ronnie
THOM042

I hadn’t heard of a porter service either until I read it on the forum recently and although I don’t personally need such a service ( yet) it is good that there is this service available.
Maybe a brief mention of it in the lodge information book or on the requirements list which is sent prior to occupancy of a lodge would be useful.