Unofficial Members Website

Get to know other Lodge Owners.
TAYL013

Good morning everyone,

Can someone please confirm that this website has been deactivated. I get the message on my laptop that This website has been deactivated

Is this the decision of Committee?

Regards
Richard

Dear Mr Taylor,

Thank you for reaching out.

The website you are referring to is an unofficial forum and is not affiliated with or recognized by the club. Our committee and staff have no influence or oversight of its operations or content. Any decisions regarding the status of that website are made independently by its administrators.

Best wishes,
Richard
LAMO003

Hi Richard,

Whilst I can agree with your comment that the Unofficial Forum is not affiliated to the club it would be wrong to say it is not recognised and I am sure certain members of current committee and staff would agree with this.
They have commented on this forum many times under different circumstances.

If it had not been for this forum some of the current committee would not have put theirselves forward.

Hopefully it will be back up and running soon.
ROBE007

Hi

Well I can certainly concur with that sentiment, if it had not been for the `unnofficial Rannoch Forum` set up by one of the Owners some years ago who subsequently became our first really excellent chairman in years the chances are the Club as we now know it would have closed it doors a couple of years ago!
It would be a great pity for that site to have closed, as it was a sort of `emergency` website when previous megalomaniacs were running the Committee and actually closed down the original official Owners Forum to prevent owners getting any insight of the deplorable way the then Management Committee was running LRHC. Hopefully those days are long gone, but the unofficial forum is still that little bit of reassurance Longstanding Owners need - almost like a security blanket!

Ronnie Robertson
TAYL013

Can someone please confirm that this website has been deactivated. I cannot access the site with my name and password, login details and email address cannot be entered.
DARC001

TAYL013 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:49 am Can someone please confirm that this website has been deactivated. I cannot access the site with my name and password, login details and email address cannot be entered.
I just logged in just now, last post on it was nearly 5 months ago.

Regards Stewart
ROBE007

Thinking back to that 'Unofficial LR Forum' it was basic but the Owners Forum was much easier to use; view and post on than this Forum hence it was user friendly and extremely busy. It gave Owners a good insight into what was and wasn't happening at the Club and in the village. Long may it be available as an 'Emergency Exit' should our existing Committee change.
When I think about it, it was before Richard came to the Club hence he probably was unaware of it.

Ronnie
Richard

Dear Ronnie,

I wanted to follow up regarding the forum manual. Gordon mentioned he had spoken to you about it. To ensure you have all the resources you need to fully utilize the forum's functions, here's the link to the manual once more: https://youtu.be/mMWGaMxgK7g

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or need additional assistance. We're here to help.

Best regards,

Richard
ROBE007 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:35 pm Thinking back to that 'Unofficial LR Forum' it was basic but the Owners Forum was much easier to use; view and post on than this Forum hence it was user friendly and extremely busy. It gave Owners a good insight into what was and wasn't happening at the Club and in the village. Long may it be available as an 'Emergency Exit' should our existing Committee change.
When I think about it, it was before Richard came to the Club hence he probably was unaware of it.

Ronnie
ROBE007

Thank you Richard for that 'sign posting' re accessing this Forum which I've just come across, thereby making my point that it is not as user friendly, not just to myself, but others too, as original Owners' Forum was and perhaps one of the reasons not as active a Forum as it could be if utilised by more owners. And

The Original Owners' Forum was helpful to exchange info/updates on places of interest perhaps off the beaten track for Owners about to visit Rannoch and gave an excellent overview of what was actually happening at the Club, particularly at a time when the then Chairperson chose to close down the Official Forum to prevent Owners exchanging information on the deeply concerning Financial state of the Club and the increasing number of 'White Elephants/Hobby Horses' Owners' Management Fees were being wasted on. Owners hope that those days are in the past but that the Owners' Forum still exists for Emergency use/contact between Owners just in case.
Ronnie
Richard

Thank you Ronnie - very useful to know!

Best,

Richard

ROBE007 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:52 pm Thank you Richard for that 'sign posting' re accessing this Forum which I've just come across, thereby making my point that it is not as user friendly, not just to myself, but others too, as original Owners' Forum was and perhaps one of the reasons not as active a Forum as it could be if utilised by more owners. And

The Original Owners' Forum was helpful to exchange info/updates on places of interest perhaps off the beaten track for Owners about to visit Rannoch and gave an excellent overview of what was actually happening at the Club, particularly at a time when the then Chairperson chose to close down the Official Forum to prevent Owners exchanging information on the deeply concerning Financial state of the Club and the increasing number of 'White Elephants/Hobby Horses' Owners' Management Fees were being wasted on. Owners hope that those days are in the past but that the Owners' Forum still exists for Emergency use/contact between Owners just in case.
Ronnie