A RECIPE FOR CHEAPER ELECTRICITY?

All club newsletters will be posted in this forum.
ROBE007

Hello John (Hurst); GM; Committee; and other Owners,

With the prospect of horrendous Electricity costs, like many others I have been researching Articles to find tips to reduce my domestic Electricity Bill when I came across an Article about Grants/Assistance for Rural Communities, which made me wonder about Rannoch.
Apparently some Electricity providers are willing to consider helping some rural Communities with a Grant or Assistance to build their own Wind Turbine to provide low cost Electricity, the excess Electricity being fed back into the Grid. Octopus Energy is a very progressive company that may consider offering such assistance, unfortunately the Article didn't provide a contact person or email but I'm pretty sure some diligent person could be-pass the 'Helpline' and find out the name of an Executive within this Company and thus make a direct approach.
There may also be Rural Community Grants available which could also be a consideration. However, any such Application would require the co-operation of the Kinloch Rannoch Community and all of the other local businesses which let's face it are the main employers for such a rural community, and if they go out of business, then most of the community become unemployed! This in itself may assist an Application for a Grant/Assistance to help prevent the closure of local businesses due to the surge in Electricity cost and ensure continued employment for Locals.

It would be useful to hear suggestions from other Owners as to how LRHC can survive this difficult period ahead.

Ronnie Robertson
TAYL013

Hello John (Hurst); GM; Committee and ROBE007

Building a wind farm may be a way of eventually reducing utility costs and on reflection seems a great idea but as usual a lot of issues will have to be considered.

The CEO of Octopus Energy has provided his personal email on the internet and it seems to be public knowledge as:

CEO: Greg Jackson
Email: greg@octopus.energy

Over to you committee!!

Regards
ATKI004

The Lodges appear to be well sited for solar panels - surely Richard Deak and the Committee have explored this possibility? Can we have an update on this and also a community wind farm or individual wind turbine for LRHC?
Richard

Dear All,

Thanks for your contributions. We have re-explored all possible avenues recently and all is well on its way to achieving an appropriate outcome. In addition to the AGM report on energy, we will inform our members of any new developments at our welcome meetings each Sunday.

Best wishes,
Richard
ATKI004

Hopefully any developments will be included in the Newsletter as well as at weekly meetings? As we've already said previously on the Forum there wasn't a Weekly Meeting when we were staying in our Lodge, so a year is a long time to wait for the next one! There will also be many others in the same situation we believe. We look forward to the AGM Report on Energy and achieving positive outcomes for LRHC.