August Newsletter

All club newsletters will be posted in this forum.
ROBE007

Hello fellow owners,?
Isn't it fantastic we are kept up-to-date with our monthly Newsletter - changed days indeed! Well done.

I just want to thank both our chairman, John Hurst, and our GM for giving up their valuable time supporting and help ensure the Video Company were able to take full advantage of the marvellous scenery in and around Rannoch as they made the promotional video for our Club. I'm really looking forward to viewing it once it has been completed.

It was encouraging to learn that a higher percentage have now fully paid their Management Fees. The next 12 months finances for many may be difficult, but perhaps the direct debit system to spread payments may assist. Renting out your Lodge seems yet another viable option if things get too difficult. We all face a worrying year personally but also the club and the Rannoch Hotel as elec/gas prices soar, worrying days ahead perhaps?

Whilst the Newsletter had much info, the long awaited and much requested Sales Figures still remains a mystery! I dont wish to seem a Conspiracy Theorists, however it seems pertinent to ask WHY are these figures being withheld from owners? Why can the GM not come up with even a 'Ballpark' figure on the Sales of Owners Weeks to offer some indication that we are travelling in the right direction Sales wise, OR are the figures that bad? We are all adults and understand Finances for many have been difficult for the past few years so cash is limited and has perhaps had a knock on effect to sales, however we still need to know in order to stimulate ideas for a new Sales Policy or some additional way to generate cash.

It would be nice to hear other Owners' views on the Newsletter and the club in general in support of the GM; Chairman and the Committee.
Ronnie Robertson
LAMO003

Hi Ronnie,

I have read the newsletter and it was indeed an interesting newsletter especially around the filming in last week and debt management improvement. Well done.

I too am extremely disappointed that sales figures are not forthcoming- I have only been asking since November.

We have on the surface spent owner funds on training companies, staff training and now a film crew. Surely there have been " staff sales".

I still cannot understand with all the good news stories about rentals and all the awards that are constantly boasted about why we appear not to be able to sell lodges.

Sales start with a belief in your own ability aligned with a desire and a goal.
If you don't have that then a sales strategy becomes a failure and long term success becomes a future issue.
In any sales it is the ongoing fees that keeps companies afloat and in profit. The new sales keep this going as they are the "dripping roast" topping up the ongoing.

So please, please give owners the true picture on sales, warts and all, and we can maybe assist in the strategy.

What appears to be happening now does not look like it is working and the lack of transparency on this emotive issue fuels the feeling that there is a lack of urgency and at the end of the day, bad news does not sell.