April Newsletter

All club newsletters will be posted in this forum.
LAMO003

Some encouraging information here relevant to the owners especially around exchanges, hotel and different events etc.

There was a little mention of budgets and normally this would be the time to start discussion around fee increases which I would like to think after the owners putting their hands in lockets last year along with the perceived income from rentals would either be non existent or minimal.

There was however one glaring omission though and that was in regards to sales. This is becoming the elephant in the room.

Can it now be said how many lodges have been sold in the last nearly 10 months and how many lodges have been returned to club over same period?

This would help create further positivity?
ATKI004

We echo the points made by LAMO003. It's also good to have such advance notice about the AGM date. Why can't there be a monthly mini section in every Newsletter about the number of Lodges sold? It's not rocket science?
We're pleased to see that the long awaited Live Sales section is now live on the Home page! However it seems rather creaky and slow Webmaster (but perhaps it's just waking) and is also not easy to find from the main page. Please can Sales be given the same priority on the Home page as Rentals? Yes, we know that Rentals generate income for LRHC, but so do Sales! The more people who buy a Lodge the more secure our Club is, then there's the purchase fee to satisfy the coffers too. Are Owner Lodge Sales featured on the new Live Sales Strategy or are these Lodges just club owned? If Owner Lodges aren't included, why not? We'll look forward to hearing from Richard Deak please, as will those Owners with Lodges for sale! Have a good day everyone.
LAMO003

Hi Atki004,

The club would not have survived the pandemic if we were as heavily rental dependent as what we appear to be leaning towards.

Owners paid out an extra one off payment of 14% which was a massive finacial boost along with the savings on wages through the furlough scheme which helped ensure the club survived and staff were preserved.

Rentals has helped in the past year to consolidate those figures, but when you have more than 1514 lodges owned by the club, on an average of £465.42 annual fee that brings in £704,546 guaranteed income rather than £184, 000 ( as at 05/03/22)seasonal rentals which as suggested before could dwindle as package holidays abroad compete for business which is already happening.

I know what I would rather have and that would be guaranteed income.

I am fully aware to reach this will take time, but I have yet to see an appetite to succeed if what I seen over the Easter weekend was the strategy. It was removed pretty quickly though.
Selling lodges at £100 undervalues the Club, and devalues the owner when we now have a product we have not had for years.

We have a club of which to be proud and having attended there for over 40 years, we need to attract the next generation of owners to have it thriving as it did during the good old days.

As suggested already it is not rocket science to publish figures and would be beneficial.
ATKI004

Good morning everyone. Having recently been on the Unofficial Forum it would appear that people contribute frequently and there is dialogue about various items. Why is that not happening on here, the Official LRHC Forum? It would be good to see the Newsletters and updates stored on here (we have asked for these for years now!), a regular contribution from the General Manager and perhaps most importantly, replies to queries and contributions to discussions e.g the Sales and Rentals Strategies and the number of Lodge Sales. This could be from Richard Deak or a member of the Committee, however we realise that historically that some Owners were over zealous in their criticism, resulting understandably in Committee and GM heads retreating behind the parapet!
This Forum is in danger of dying because few Owners use it and infrequently, whilst the Unofficial Forum buzzes. This Forum is the one which should be buzzing with pleasant dialogue, questions, answers and helpful comments. We'll look forward to hearing from you. :)
LAMO003

Hi,

I cannot disagree with what you have said re the lack of communication which would be beneficial to all owners.
I would however suggest that over zealous is the wrong phrase to use when all it was asked by many owners was tell the truth.

A forum should be for open dialogue and because of a lot of the issues raised those owners became aware of just how much they had been ill informed, or dare I say, misled.

There was too much shade, now there is a bit more light.

In my opinion, a lot of the truth has now come out, but there would possibly be more still to come especially around, I hope, the number of sales.
ROBE007

I'm inclined to agree with both viewpoints in some respect.
I do think it is vital that Owners become much more proactive and use the Owners Forum to exchange dialogue on various aspects in relation to the Club and the Rannoch Area, but even more importantly if they want to see the Club continue and prosper they just can't expect to turn up at the Office book in and enjoy a week perhaps two and then drive off again without giving the actual LRHC a second thought. The Club is run by a volunteer Committee and EACH owner has to pull their weight in supporting these Volunteers, the very least they could do is make a point of signing into this Forum, making your views known to other owners, praise the Committee when it is due, and raise any concerns that bother you.

I also agree with Stuart however that in the past some 'proactive' owners were labelled 'Trouble Makers,' myself included, when in fact we were trying to ascertain what exactly was going on at the Club, as the Committee at that time was saying one thing, and the Accounts were telling a totally different story! But so very many Owners had the wool pulled right over their eyes. Therefore, without the due diligence of these so called 'Trouble Makers' ie concerned owners, NO ONE would have a place to visit at Rannoch, as the Club would have almost certainly gone into Liquidation.

So come on Owners, do you want to enjoy the bright new and exciting future that is within our grasp, and see LRHC rise like a Pheonix from the ashes of past Committees' mistakes and inactions? Or is it a case you just can't be bothered, years of inaction on your part has resulted in a terminal lethargy and you are prepared to see this Golden opportunity slip through your fingers? Make YOUR views known in this Forum, ask the GM questions you thought about asking at the AGM but didn't get the chance; make suggestions to improve things, even perhaps to improve this website. say what you would you like to see happening at the Club, perhaps use of the newly refurbished meeting room above the Water facility area for a few afternoons and evenings each week for leisure and entertainment purposes. There are so many possibilities, so set lethargy aside and look forward to new adventures to pursue at Rannoch that will make even a senior owner like me feel young again!I

Ronnie
ATKI004

Sorry, it's been a while since we visited the Forum, so hadn't spotted your replies: thanks to both. Whilst regrettably not being able to volunteer for the Committee due to our lifestyle and commitments, we have always supported/challenged the Committee as appropriate, put forward Motions at AGMs, attended AGMs, interacted with various Committee Chairs via emails, attended Weekly Meetings during holidays, tried to speak with/support/encourage/question/make suggestions to Committee Members when they were at Rannoch during our holidays and feel generally that we take an interest in our Club. Yes, through peaks and troughs! We're sure that many other Owners/Members do the same and consider themselves 'interested and involved', but yes please, do engage with this LRHC Forum and support/energise our Committee and Club.

However we stand by 'over zealous': it is not positive or encouraging when someone makes a suggestion on either the Official or Unofficial Forum and is almost immediately shot down in sometimes a rather aggressive tone/manner. This discourages rather than encourages participation and Forum contributors should be mindful of this. Perhaps this is why the vast majority of Members do not engage? It must have been awful for Committee Members on the receiving end of such rhetoric. Please let's stay positive and capitalise on the current forward momentum of LRHC.