2021 AGM - Submission 1 Withdrawal

This forum is for polite and reasonable discussion of topics related to the Loch Rannoch Highland Club Annual General Meeting.

Information relating to the AGM will also be published to this forum.
ROBE007

Whilst some owners found the Zoom AGM worked well for them, others were unable to log on. I could see a picture but for most of the time the sound was extremely quiet or participants sounded like CP3O!

Like Stuart and others, I agree I was placed in a somewhat difficult position when I was called out by an owner (obviously an avid fan since she had taken the time to search out my name/picture amongst the many on the Zoom Cast lol). Whereas some owners are aware of Business Meeting etiquette, others are patently not, and are unaware that everything should go through the Chair; both Proposer and Seconder are referred to accordingly and Surnames are not used. Only after all views are heard may the Chair extend an invitation to the Proposer
or Seconder to add any comment if they so wish. One does NOT expect an Owner to jump up and start shouting out in a somewhat over excited manner the Proposer or Seconder`s name, rather than waiting for the Chair to extend the invitation.
“Oh the Infamy, she`s got it in for me!” (What a Carry on …….. ) lol.

It had been my intention to hear all sides of the argument, and extended the courtesy to the Proposer to give his views first before I spoke, it was therefore unfortunate that the Proposer was unable to Log on and my Fan jumped
the proverbial gun!
Whilst various owners castigated the Proposer in his, wrongly assumed deliberate absence, it was very disappointing that Mr Deak didn`t stand up and explain that the Proposer had in fact been in touch with him and asked for assistance to amend his Submission in plenty of time for it to be changed but was given no assistance.
Perhaps like the Proposer, Mr Deak was unfamiliar with the procedure, as there doesn`t seem to be any guidelines available to Owners or obviously for the GM.

I do hope the Proposer asks the question directly to Mr Deak why he, the Proposer, had been made the Fall Guy in his absence and in front of all the Owners at the AGM.

I shall comment further on my temporary withdrawal of the submission under Glenrannoch House postings.

Ronnie Robertson

ROBE007

Sorry ... as ever punctuations results in a heavy red script!
Ronnie
LAMO003

I thought this intervention was outrageous.

One should never announce who is present on a zoom presentation other than the event organiser.

HOUS007

Hi, has anyone posted the results of any voting from the AGM please.
Thanks
John
LAMO003

Hi,

I left before it finished but you will probably hopefully know that motion number one did not happen.
It would be interesting however how that vote stood before it was removed.

I would assume the results of the other 2 motions will be known and I am surprised they have not been announced