Missing Newsletters

All club newsletters will be posted in this forum.
TAYL013

The last Newsletter I received was in April and there has been none since then, as far as I am aware. What had happened since April? The members have been kept in the dark apart for the News Bulletins advising of possible insolvency, large increase in fees and the link with the hotel's new owners. I had hoped that the present committee would be more transparent but this does not seem to be the case!!

Come on committee - this is where we need your input otherwise we are once again being side-lined.

Ian Taylor
ROBE007

Good afternoon Mr Taylor
A Committee Member did post a reply on the Alternative LRHC Forum stating the Club staff and Committee have been extremely busy with visitors this summer they have only had time to post occasional updates rather than a full newsletter. This will be addressed in September when the new GM comes into post and lifts some of the workload from Committee Members whom, let's not forget, are owners just like ourselves with busy personal lives including Businesses/jobs and families.

Having visited Rannoch a number of times over the summer staying both at my HL and in the Hotel, I've never seen Rannoch so busy, in fact the whole of Scotland seems to be experiencing a mass invasion of Tourists with Hotels; B&B's and self catering accommodation fully booked and the A9 one gigantic traffic queue of Caravans and Motor homes; plus every flat piece of grass or sand around the Loch having Tents pitched on it. Last weekend I was having lunch at the Rannoch Station Tea room when 30 cars turned up for lunch all at the exact same time without a single booking amongst them. Every hospitality venue in Scotland is overwhelmed by visitors and lack of available staff. This is also a major problem within the Building Industry, particularly in rural areas due to both lack of workers and Building Materials in Scotland. This has resulted in a great many Building Projects grinding to a halt and until the Government comes up with a solution to the lack of much needed EU workers, including HGV drivers, this will inevitability have a knock on effect on the Refurbishment programme of the Loch Rannoch Hotel and it's associated Activity Areas, I certainly hope owners do not heap derision on either the LRHC Committee or the Hotel Management for problems that are obviously outwith their control.
Ronnie Robertson
Ronnie Robertson