Club opening dates

Announcements from the club will be posted here, as well as sent out in newsletters.
BENS002

As many of you will already know the Club had set an opening date of 29th April for Owners based in Scotland. This was in line with Covid regulations from the Scottish government at the time. The opening dates for Owners from the remainder of the UK was initially set at 20th May, in line with the UK government guidelines. Due to problems with some lodges after the long winter shutdown we regrettably had to push back the date to the 3rd June, a point where we felt comfortable in taking bookings and still be able to accommodate the number of Owners who could potentially arrive in any one week. A few Owners have been good enough to let us know that they won't be using their weeks this year, and that has helped us greatly, and our maintenance and housekeeping teams led by Andy and Nicky respectively have been working hard to bring more lodges online. Another problem has been that the building works at the Hotel has effectively ruled out using the Apartment and Studio block due to dust and noise. Thankfully we have been told by the Hotel that should ease shortly. As a result we are now bringing forward the opening date for non-Scottish based Owners to 27th May. I would ask that any Owners whose week falls in May and who know that they definitely won't be using their week to let Debbie or Rebecca in the office know and with luck we can continue to advance our opening date. Apologies to any Owner affected by the extended closure and thanks for your forbearance. Ron Benson
ATKI004

Thank you for your very comprehensive explanation Ron. Our best wishes to the Committee and Staff in re-opening the Club to everyone on 27th May.
WILS015

Thanks Ron,

Could you give any update on when the club are going to allocate compensation weeks to owners who lost out during the lockdown?

Many thanks
Jeanette Wilson
BENS002

I will give you a call Jeanette.
BLOY003

I'd like to know the answer to that too please:)
WILS015

Many thanks for the swift response Ron, it's much appreciated!

Jeanette
MCCA003

When did the email advising of this potential opening on 29th April get issued as this is news to me, as a Scottish based owner?
BENS002

MARCH 26TH
MCCA003

Sorry, no evidence of it's receipt here for that date. Can you please re-forward it?
ATKI004

A friend and fellow Owner phoned me yesterday very upset that they will be losing their 2 week holiday in a Lochside Lodge for the second year in a row. Based on Nicola Sturgeon's easing of Lockdown and travel restrictions they had anticipated being able to holiday in their Lodge in May. She has already phoned the Office to complain, but I have suggested that she also Post on the Forum so that she can contact you Ron as a Committee Member.
BENS002

It is under Frequently Asked Questions / Possible Club Opening Dates
BENS002

Thanks, it is probably best to email me with her details then I can check things out. Regards, Ron
MCCA003

Ah, a Blog entry, not an actual email. Ok.
MILL015

I would also like an answer with regard to compensation weeks. Emailed office earlier this month and was told no decision had been made. We have now missed 4 weeks at Rannoch over past year.
ATKI004

Thanks Ron, the friend that I referred to above said she was going to make contact with you on the Forum and try the Office again. She does not want her email posting for you on here. It seems that there is a lot of related traffic on Facebook?
MCMU003

I’ve just found this section of the forum and am still at a complete loss to understand why vital info regarding opening dates is published on Facebook and this forum and not by email. Your comment to me yesterday Ron was that Facebook and the forum are quick. So is email. I don’t use the forum as I didn’t realise this was the main method of communication from the Club. The email promised yesterday did not arrive. At the very least you need to take a serious look at the way you communicate with Owners.

We do not accept that we can’t visit our lodge in week 21. This is after the original proposed border opening date of 17th May and we see no reason at all why we should not travel. The fact that the club has failed to prepare for the 17th is exceptionally poor.

Also am I right in thinking lodges will be available for people booking ie not owners ? If so this is wrong and owners should have priority.
MCMU003

The thread “ possible opening dates “ states 20th May. To then post in another area in the forum ( this thread) different dates is extremely confusing. Does this mean that owners have to read all threads each day just to track what is actually going on ?? Someone needs to take charge as it is a laughable and embarrassing way to run a Club.
ATKI004

Good morning Joanne I've just posted to say that we haven't received the promised email/Newsletter either. I agree that Facebook and the Forum are quick, but not everybody uses them! I visit Facebook infrequently and it was only because our daughter alerted us, that I had a look. Sadly, LRHC communication is slipping again, many English Owners feel extremely hard done by and angry that they are being treated differently to Scottish Owners, rumours are circulating on Facebook that English owned weeks are being rented to Scottish Owners and once again, the reputation of the Club is being damaged.
We feel so sorry for Owners such as yourselves who have lost out for the second year. We're not involved, but feel responsible because we sold a Lodge in Week 21 to friends who are in the same situation and are extremely angry. We do not feel that the reopening has been handled well at all. It was possible to see that the Covid situation was improving across the UK and predict when borders and travel would open. Surely the Committee could have planned for this?
BALD001

Good morning - here is an email I have received from Debbie in the LRHC office. Regretttably I have had no further info regarding using our week 1st May - Week 18.

Good Morning Robert

We are hoping to be open by 29th April for our owners who live in Scotland due to restrictions. As soon as we have confirmation we will email all of our owners and send out the Requirement Documents. Would you plan to use your lodge week 18?

The Committee are still discussing what happens next with the missed weeks. As soon as we have any more information we will contact all of our owners by email.

Kind regards

Debbie McLauchlan
JENS002

To Ron Benson.
Hello Ron, can you confirm which date the club is opening please, the 29th of April or the 3rd of June. I am not on Facebook so don't know what has been posted their, but the newsletter said the 29th and your posting here says the 3rd of June! You also phoned me at the beginning of April asking me if were going up on the 8th of May and we were delighted to be able to accept.
I have also asked Admin via email, but thought I would give you the courtesy of answering here.

Regards Erik J
JENS002

Just to clarify, we Scots are not allowed to go South of the Border to stay either. OK for a day visit but not allowed to stay overnight. Our family lives in Newcastle and we can't stay with them until the 17th of May, but can visit for the day up to then. I don't use Facebook because of the rubbish posted their, as is obvious about the comments above.Check out gov.scot for clarification. https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels/pages/protection-levels-by-area/
BALD001

Good morning,

I received a phone call from the office yesterday afternoon, explaining the current situation. The Club is going to be available from 1st May for week 18 owners who live in Scotland. Various questions were asked of me to ensure that I am Covid compliant, and a follow up email was received with a Requirements Form and a separate Covid registration form for completion and return to the office. Thanks to the staff in the office for clarification.
JENS002

Good news! I have had confirmation from Admin (Rebecca) that the resort is opening tomorrow, 29th April, so we will be there on the 8th of May travelling for southern Scotland.

Regards Erik J.
DARC001

Hello. My husband and I are booked into the Hotel on the 18/19th of June and we were hoping that we could have a meeting with someone from the Club to make arrangements to recoup our lost week last November. We have HL7 week 46 and hope this will be possible. Many thanks. So looking forward to the new changes, both to the Hotel and the Club. You have all worked so hard in these difficult times. Regards, Isobel and Stewart D'Arcy
BENS002

Hi Isobel, I go back home for a week on the 6th June so should be back here when you visit in June and would be glad to discuss things with you. Regards, Ron Benson
ALEX003

I assume that an email will be coming out as to how "lost weeks" will be dealt with. We have been expecting one. We are down three weeks.
MORI001

Hello, Having just recently read this forum, I was also not aware that updates were being posted on Facebook. We do not use that forum (not least because we object to the manner in which Zuckerman uses private information), and have not received a club email update since February. We would like to know when compensatory weeks will be organised/advised (we missed week 10 in March), when club fees will next be issued, and on what forum/by what method, club business will be communicated? Many thanks, P. Morisetti