Lodges for sale

This forum is a series of Frequently Asked Questions about the Club. Owners can also comments answers to the questions in order to better inform each other.
EMER002

I was wondering if there will be a section on the website for the lodges that are for sale? My week in Red Deer has been up for over 2 years now. I appreciate that this year has been very difficult and there would have been few enquiries, however I would appreciate an update on what the selling strategy is, I was originally assured that it would take under a year to sell the week but sadly this does not seem to be the case.
Any information would be appreciated.
cliffhunter

Hi,

We are currently reviewing our sales strategy and adding a section for sales to the website will certainly form part of this.

Cliff Hunter
Chair & IT Lead
EMER002

Many thanks for your repky and information
ATKI004

We think it would be an excellent idea for Owners to be able to Post their Lodges for Sale or Exchange on the Website. It's good to hear that the Sales Strategy is currently being reviewed, because when Covid vaccinations increase and people are looking for holidays, Scotland and LRHC will be very popular! There are so many TV Programmes about Scotland on screen at the moment (January 21) so it's going to be a 'must go to' destination! Please don't let LRHC miss the boat - we need to capitalise on Scotland's popularity and the emergence from the Pandemic!
LAID002

Hi Mr and Mrs Aitken,
I am of the same mind that we have a "for sale" page on the web site. It was something I will be asking to be added to in the web site in the coming months. BUT beware - there are unscrupulous people about - calling owners saying they will take your lodge off you - but it will cost you a lot of money, and no guarantees you will get anything back. One owner had already been in touch about this. Beware the Scammers!
Rewards
Norman
WILL015

The "for sale" page is a good one, but to be used to its best will really need a Sales and Marketing effort from the Club. Individual owners may well be open to the unscrupulous so if this section is managed properly it would not only protect us but also increase the chances of losing the millstone which ownership has become for many of us.

Again I ask, what is the real response to the offer of "Five year ownership" published in the newsletter and which I wrote to the club and said I wanted to use. I am going to guess that there will be an attempt to avoid actually letting me leave in this way despite 5 years notice and 5 years service charges being something I am willing to pay. In my opinion the clock is running and I will expect to be released from the contract in July 2025.

This nonsense of "in perpetuity" which we seem to enforce on ourselves has to be ended.
LAMO003

Hi Linda,

Did you ever get a reply to your relevant question?
WILL015

No - not a thing. On the other forum someone said they had been told it was a mistake, but I have had nothing at all in reply to my registered letter and email.

It is beyond annoying and I expect that any amount of money will be spent to take me to court after the 5 years elapse and I stop paying.
LAMO003

Hi Linda,

There is no excuse for no response to a registered letter or an email, but unfortunately when pertinent questions are asked they are/have been ignored.
If committee members are indeed reading this forum perhaps they will pick up on this "oversight" and answer the question here or privately to Linda.
ROBE007

The Perpetuity Question must be one of the first things on the new Committees Agenda, no more brushing it under the carpet as has happened for decades. Given the age demographic of many of the original owners and the reluctance of the next generation to accept a Time Share Albatross around their neck, either the Committee comes up with a fair exit strategy, and I dont mean Reach 100 and get a Free Leave Card or the Club face ever increasing negative Media Headlines - "LRHC takes very elderly Owners to court for Non-payment of Maintenance Fees for Timeshare Holiday Accommodation they can no longer access!" or perhaps worse still "LRHC sues Deceased Owners Estates for Non-Payment of Maintenance Fees!" Either way it is going to reflect badly on LRHC and stop in its tracks any hope of attracting new owners. Some sort of end date for an Owner must be reached, perhaps 10 years after the State Retirement Age, at which point owners could pay 3 Years Maintenance in Advance to buy themselves out of the Contract, after all they have more than paid their fair due to the club over the previous decades, seeing much of it wasted on Committee Vanity Projects and Litigation against the Club. It should also end on Death of an Owner unless the deceaseds family wishes to take over ownership on say a 5 year contract basis. Apparently many Time Share Resorts in Scotland have amended their Perpetuity Contracts to enable Owners to leave without it being on aLottery` style basis as we have, in order to attract new Owners. If it is to be believed, even McDonalds Hotels Time Share in Scotland, not known for its generosity towards Owners, amended their Perpetuity Contract!
I personally think until this HUGE dark cloud hanging over the club is finally resolved, there will be limited sales at LRHC no matter how much amenities improve at Rannoch, as new Owners will frightened off by all the negative publicity about Elderly Owners being sued!
ROBE007

Well firstly, I am experiencing problems attempting to post. I spend time writing a post for it to either turn bright red or disappear entirely when submitted! I shall have yet another attempt:
The Perpetuity Question must be one of the first things on the new Committees Agenda, no more brushing it under the carpet as has happened for decades. Given the age demographic of many of the original owners and the reluctance of the next generation to accept a Time Share Albatross around their neck, either the Committee comes up with a fair exit strategy, and I dont mean Reach 100 and get a Free Leave Card or the Club face ever increasing negative Media Headlines - "LRHC takes very elderly Owners to court for Non-payment of Maintenance Fees for Timeshare Holiday Accommodation they can no longer access!" or perhaps worse still "LRHC sues Deceased Owners Estates for Non-Payment of Maintenance Fees!" Either way it is going to reflect badly on LRHC and stop in its tracks any hope of attracting new owners. Some sort of end date for an Owner must be reached, perhaps 10 years after the State Retirement Age, at which point owners could pay 3 Years Maintenance in Advance to buy themselves out of the Contract, after all they have more than paid their fair due to the club over the previous decades, seeing much of it wasted on Committee Vanity Projects and Litigation against the Club. It should also end on Death of an Owner unless the deceaseds family wishes to take over ownership on say a 5 year contract basis. Apparently many Time Share Resorts in Scotland have amended their Perpetuity Contracts to enable Owners to leave without it being on aLottery` style basis as we have, in order to attract new Owners. If it is to be believed, even McDonalds Hotels Time Share in Scotland, not known for its generosity towards Owners, amended their Perpetuity Contract!
I personally think until this HUGE dark cloud hanging over the club is finally resolved, there will be limited sales at LRHC no matter how much amenities improve at Rannoch, as new Owners will frightened off by all the negative publicity about Elderly Owners being sued!
COLL011

I sent visitors to the office on leaving this week to ask for information on lodges for sale, she’s interested in two as is my daughter who is currently using my week. My visitors were told there’s no information available. If the sales strategy was being reviewed in 2020, who is responsible for this unacceptable delay in having it in place? In the good old days when we were less professional we had two listings, one with club owned lodges for sale and one for owner lodge’s for sale. It seems to me we are going backwards! Potentially an opportunity for 3 sales lost or 3 owners who could have had the burden of their ownership removed from them. Not impressive and not an improvement, as a member it was an embarrassment as I had led them to expect a higher level of service.