Welcome

Announcements from the club will be posted here, as well as sent out in newsletters.
cliffhunter

Hi & welcome to the new members area.

I was just as frustrated as everyone else for the delay in getting this site back up, my preference would have been to get the new site ready to go before the old 1 was removed – but it became apparent that this was not possible for security reasons, as was mentioned in a bulletin that came out when the old site was taken offline. I hope that the wait has been worth it, the new features will be of benefit and we can start to develop a strong community on the new forum (built on mutual respect, understanding and desire to see our club become what we all want it to be).

You will have no doubt noticed a few new features to the members area, these have been added to make things easier for us all - as an example you now have the ability to update your personal details from the members area rather than having to ask the office to do this.

There are still some features under development, such as the ability to book a lodge (as this also has to integrate to the new Dashboard we have to make sure that this integration is working both ways before this goes live), we are endeavoring to get all the features live as soon as possible as well as add gallery’s of all lodges so potential renters\buyers can see what a lodge looks like prior to booking\buying.

If you find any issues with any part of the site, or have any suggestions on what could be done better, can you please let us know.

Cliff Hunter
Chair & IT lead
WILS001

Thanks Cliff - updating details is appreciated. I can't find where I update my password however - is that lurking somewhere in the undergrowth and I haevn't found it yet?

Jane Wilson
FRAN006

Hi Cliff,

It's great to see a forum back on line again, lets hope all members contribute to it and use it for the purpose intended.

Can I make a suggestion...

It would be a good idea to add, in the members section, a decription and explanation of the 'Founders Week'. for preference, linked to the weeks table. In my experience, this apparent anomaly in the week system causes more upset and problems than anything else.

R. Frankham

FRAN006
GRIF006

Hi Jane, I found the lurking link! - if you point at your ID in top right corner there is the option to "Edit Profile" you will find the option to generate a new password there. Save the changes.
Word of warning once password is generated copy it & log out then log back in with both your email address & your Club ID so you can "update the passwords" for both modes of login as the original will no longer work ;)
Heather Griffiths
RINA001

Heather, thanks for explaining how to change to password. Jane, thanks for the question. That was the first item I looked for. Obviously, an easier option would be helpful.
ATKI004

It's good to see the Members Forum is up and running again and thank you for the Welcome from Cliff. I hope that the Forum will be used in a positive way, to benefit our wonderful Club. We love the new LRHC Website - it works very well and looks great - thanks to all who have worked so hard to create it. A big hello and welcome to other Members from us. We're so excited to hear about the Covid vaccine and hope that this is the beginning of 'normality' and that Scotland and LRHC will be able to open again soon. We'll look forward to seeing you then. Bye for now.
cliffhunter

Hi Mr. & Mrs. R Atkinson,

Thanks for your feedback, I too hope that the forum will be used in a positive way – to not only benefit our wonderful club but to give member’s the chance to let other members know about what they like to see and do in the area and have, respectful, discussions about what is happening at the club (as always comments & suggestions on how we can improve things are welcome).

Am sure that we are all excited to hear about the covid vaccine and that once the rollout starts will allow some form of normality to return and allow the club to re-open at the earliest opportunity so we can all, one again, enjoy the wonderful setting that is Loch Rannoch.

Look forward to seeing you at Rannoch in the not too distant future!
Cliff Hunter
Chair & IT lead
WILS001

Thanks Keith and Heather - but I was hoping to be able to set my own password - not just generate a new random one. Have to say of the hundreds of sites I use/have used, I have never met one before which didn't allow the user to choose their own. How odd.
GREE011

Hi Jane - I was able to backspace the provided password and create my own. If it is deemed weak, you can click on the box that accepts the "weak" password. Give that a try. I logged out and was able to log back in with my newly created password. Hope that helps,
Jennifer
STIR001

Thanks Jennifer, I'll have to try that.
Alex
ATKI004

I had no problem creating my new/own password, I'm pleased to say! Went into my details section and hey presto!