JULY NEWSLETTER

All club newsletters will be posted in this forum.
LAMO003

Is this really the 1st of August today?

Read the newsletter and I could have sworn it was April 1st.
THOM042

I get your drift. The newsletter tells us that we now have a new sales expert so here’s hoping that he will be a great success.
Hopefully he will have a proven sales track record in timeshare sales elsewhere and be able to justify the wage being paid.
LAMO003

The comment was not aimed at Lloyd as such whom I have met and always found a decent person however I do question what experience he has in this area.
Being a friend of the GM does not count.
Re justifying a wage is another matter, again not aimed at him either, but others who have taken advantage.

To say the previous sales manager left is grossly understated similar to the " redundancy" of others and further questions should be asked and answers demanded.
After all as many owners have said previously, it is owners who pay the wages.

The rental figures are akin to "chameleon figures"- they show different tallys every time and never pounds and pence.
And as for sales if we have had 74 plus returned lodges in May this year and sold 87 is this really worth celebrating and again with lack of income generated from said sales, a bigger concern.
Owners will continue to be left in the dark until they actually voice concerns instead of avoiding the issues of now which will impact the future.
Last edited by LAMO003 on Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THOM042

Indeed, nothing is aimed at anyone however my only concern is that LRHC owners get reasonable value for money from anyone who is in employment at LRHC in whatever capacity.
There isn’t an endless pit of money and this tends to be confirmed by the lack of proper maintenance on many of the lodges.
Time will tell
LAMO003

We had no need to recruit a new sales manager as soon as the other had left the premises unless this recruitment was already underway whilst the other was in situ. In hindsight and through a conversation this is a very good possibility.
However we had someone already in place at office who in my opinion could have fulfilled this role if the powers that be had confidence in their ability. It would also have saved the Club over £30k in salary.
For the last few years owners have ignored what is glaringly obvious and if it continues, the blame game starts for those who love the Club and for the others, sighs of relief.

The bottom line is the "garden path will soon run out" and then what?
THOM042

Tend to agree with that Stuart. I didn’t personally know anything about the apparent sudden departure of our sales expert until after it happened, however I would have thought that the GM & Commitee wouldn’t have appointed a replacement sales person unless they had a proven track record in sales of this nature. I say this because timeshare must now be one of the hardest things to sell in this day and age. Therefore its not a job for novices otherwise the owners end up paying yet another wage for someone and no actual benefit to the club.
I would therefore like to think that the new sales person does in fact have a proven sales ability and that this will be an asset to the club.
Someone please tell me this is so
LAMO003

I would like to think the Club GM could give a very quick reply to this question highlighting any experience in sales?
LAMO003

More than a week later, I would hazard a guess, we have the answer!!!
THOM042

I’m sure that everything will be clarified in the next newsletter, Stuart !