Sales and Marketing for our club

This forum is for polite and reasonable discussion of topics related to the Loch Rannoch Highland Club Annual General Meeting.

Information relating to the AGM will also be published to this forum.
UKRE001

Hello everyone ,
I have been in timeshare sales since 1986 and worked alongside Marketeers who were responsible for bringing potential clients on site those were the days when timeshare was on a high. Sadly, those days have gone mainly through bad press in the nineties and an ever decline in proactive sales programmes in 99% of resorts in the UK. which has left many resorts with a huge problem. As our recycled teenagers are progressively getting either too ill to use their week/s and are unable to travel or have no - one to accompany them or they cannot handle the many stairs to climb they have become disenchanted and over the years they tried to sell their own week but again there has been no proactive re-sales programme to help them, worst of all our Club owned weeks just keeps growing ever larger because many of our long term owners are no longer with us.
The success of our club for the future is new owners buying in to the club NOT RENTALS and this has to be addressed and in the past it was difficult for the club to sell mainly because their was no leisure facilities and many lodges have been neglected by way of refurbishments. Today, I hear complaints of "why am I paying the same maintenance fees for a sub standard lodge against those who have had their lodges refurbished to a much higher standard"?
Only the other day I had a lady ask for advise on converting to a five year deal she was offered by the club costing her a few thousand pounds and she is going to accept WHY simply it's a way out for her?
Now this tells me if owners are so desperate to pay their way out there is little or no chance of them recommending to family or friends to invest in new unsold weeks whilst they are desperate to get rid of their own week and the percentage with that frame of mind would be very very high..
The best way for our club to proceed with sales to reach out to the masses and not through existing owners or on line sales (on line sales work for resorts that are virtually sold out eg. Hilton Dunkeld they depend on re-sales coming on board and they target the American Market as their developer is American and their re-sale prices can be as high as £15.000.00 ) now that is success.
I tried for over ten months to sell our club to new owners but I came across too many obstacles which I will not divulge but it clearly told me no-one has any idea of how sales actually works all I got were road blocks and cost me a few tears along the way.
I have not given up YET as I am now doing Exchange Evenings every Tuesday at 7.00p.m. and will end with a small pitch on sales then pass any interest on to Julie Voules she is lovely and I am confident she will do a good job. Just to let you all know my Exchange Evenings have nothing to do with the Club fortunately I have to thank Nick Pattie for the opportunity to use the room above the Gymnasium.
Having read the recent Newsletter I was a bit disappointed that none of the staff were mentioned sad really but Richard has often said "I am not here to be liked or make friends" sorry Richard you need to have a change of heart when you are dealing with Sales but I do wish you every success.
I do know that our committee works extremely hard and I for one are truly thankful they do not get any reward for what they do, they are all volunteers to help our Club through some very difficult inherited problems but they are getting there. We are in a much healthier state now because of their efforts.
Regards to all Ann UKRE