Our contact details published?

Get to know other Lodge Owners.
WILL015

I just read a really worrying report that a page of the website containing a huge number of member names, addresses and phone numbers was easily visible to anyone adding "/members" to the site name until recently. The report also says that this has been remedied and that is good.

I hope this is not true, but I will be very careful when answering any calls today. We really don't need this kind of thing.

Has anyone else heard more or can they close down this as a false rumour? I tried the trick listed above and there is nothing like that visible now.

Linda
cliffhunter

Hi Linda,

The information was only available to members - not everyone visiting the site adding /members. As soon as it was brought to our attention it was removed.

This page was not accessible by any menu, or click of a button on the website, but was only found by a member when searching. It was an administration page that was only 'live' for a few hours.

Within minutes of learning of this, we immediately closed the loophole, and after consultation with the ICO & club lawyers, it was decided that there was no data breach of any significance & no further action was required.

The page had only been viewed a few times, was not immediately publicly accessible, and contained only limited information - email address and phone number.

We will continue to liaise with the ICO at this time, and if we have any further information, we will keep you informed.

Thanks
Cliff Hunter
Chair & IT lead
WILL015

Thanks for the reply Cliff.

I was so worried that I wrote to the Club about this too. My concern is being hassled by another round of sales-sharks and that despite the new website and recent newsletter it is so hard to tell what is happening.

Are there enough people with commercial experience at the top of the club hierarchy to support things? Does the team need help?

Thanks again,

Linda
WILS015

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/

The courier has this story . Link above.

I am extremely concerned that my personal details were available online and accessable for several hours.

What is going on at the club?

Jeanette Wilson
ROBE007

You are not alone in being an angry and very confused owner that your data has been posted on an open website and you have not been informed, compounded by the fact the faux Chairman has told the Courier that it was not an open line and only open for a couple of hours. The website went live on 2nd December for 15 hours! Some owners have received calls from Resell Time Share Companies offering to resell their Time Share, no doubt a scam that some owners may fall for; whilst other non-owners were able to take Grabshot of the List as proof that it was an open Website and sent it to the ICO.

As an owner of over 40 years standing, I am not a disgruntled owner (a label used by the Chair of anyone DEEPLY CONCERNED OWNER). I I would urgently suggest ALL OWNERS log onto the Owners`own independently run and therefore quite separate forum, that will give you a better understanding of what has REALLY been happening at Rannoch in recent months! - lochrannochhighlandclub.net. With information posted on by not only Owners, but Villagers of Kinloch Rannoch who have contacted their SMPs about the dreadful situation at the Club.
WILS015

It's the responsibility of the Club to protect our private information and when a breach occurs it's also the responsibility of the Club to inform owners this has happened to warn them of potential scam phonecalls and emails.

WADD003

The website promoted above by Mr. R. Robertson seems to be unmanned. I have been waiting 24 hours now for a confirming email from them.
ROBE035

To Mr Waddington...please check your junk folders...that where my confirmation mail landed when I joined late last night.
WADD003

Done that and sent them a contact message. WaddingHAM
WADD003

Here I am then. 2 days down the line. Still no contact from the website, still unable to log on AND!!!!

unable to register because" The email address and account name are already in use!!! " How to win friends etc...
ROBE007

How unfortune you have been unable to register on the Owners alternative forum, lochrannochhighlandclub.net May I suggest that anyone having problems getting registered or access email the webmaster of the site as follows:

webmaster@lochrannochhighlandclub.net

Hearing the truth of what has been happening in recent months from ex-employees; present employees; local Rannoch residents and contractors quite apart from Owners is both illuminating and alarming.
ROBE035

Sincere apologies for spelling your name incorrectly Mr Waddingham. X
WADD003

Hello. I still haven't had an email from these people and, to be honest, I no longer care. Just one thing though, there is a "contact us"

form which I did complete but having scrutinised the website and data I would like to know who "US"

is??
MCLU001

Hi Mr Waddingham
I'd suggest trying the links to reset your username and password on the home page for the alternative forum. Please don't give up as there is a lot of important background information on what's been going on, which should be of interest to all owners. I don't think the website will be manned 24/7 but please keep trying the webmaster link given previously.