Web site

Get to know other Lodge Owners.
THOM020

Pleasantly surprised with new website, it looks good. Easy to access and use.
TAYL013

It would be good if the webmaster could add "Forums" to the Navigation Bar and give all members access to the old topics
cliffhunter

Hi,

Mr & Mrs D thomson - Thansk for the feedback, if you have any issues or suggestions please let us know.

Mr I Taylor -

The forum can be easily accessed from the members area – therefore there is no requirement for it to be in the navigation bar.

As replied to another post, old forum posts will be added if there is sufficient interest.

Cliff Hunter
Chair & IT Lead
HARD001

My congrats on the website, too. Well designed and nice clean layout.
Just one thing - in the gallery pics for Red Deer someone seems to have pinched the pull down bed! 😳
ATKI004

We think that the new website looks great: modern and easy to navigate. Well done and thanks to those involved.
TAYL013

For Webmaster

Website appears to be inaccessible to Members using Google Chrome [perhaps other platforms]. I am only able to access website using Safari.

Regards,

Ian Taylor
TAYL013

For Webmaster

Website appears to be inaccessible again to Members using Google Chrome [perhaps other platforms]. I am only able to access website using Safari but not all recent posts.

Regards,

Ian Taylor
BENS002

Hi Ian, Ron Benson here, I'll try to find out what has gone wrong and get back to you. Regards, Ron Benson
TAYL013

Thanks Ron,

It seems to have cured itself or perhaps it was my Mac and/or iPad.

Regards,

Ian
BENS002

I'm glad you've got it sorted. Regards, Ron
ROBE007

Hi Ron

Could you have a look at my postings on this site as they are half black and half red as though I am trying to emphasise something. I have tried typing my post onto a Word document and using cut and paste to post but it is still coming up in black/red. This doesn`t happen on the other Forum, or indeed anywhere else I post. I think it may somehow be connected to my use of parentheses, not at time of use, but when I press submit.

Thank you.

Ronnie
BENS002

Hi Ronnie, I've been browsing back through various of your posts and see what you mean. Some of your posts are appearing OK and others, as you say, mixed black and white. Can you remember if you were correcting or cutting and pasting the affected sections of the posts? Are you always using the same computer/tablet when posting and if not does it only happen with a particular system? I'll try to sort out with the website team but any clues you could give would be helpful. Regards, Ron
ROBE007

Thanks Ron for having a look at my IT issue.
It wasn't connected to me cutting and pasting, as I only started using that method in an attempt to try to resolve the red/black issue. It may have started when I attempted to correct a spelling error, just not 100% sure on that. I usually use my PC, that's why I have been able to cut and paste using Word as I don't have Word on my Tablet.
Ronnie
ROBE007

Hi Ron
Thought I'd try a little test myself using my Tablet, so I deleted a few words and then retyped them without any problem, so perhaps the issue only arises when I use my PC? I mainly use my PC when posting on the Alternative Forum and don't have the red/black problem there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.I
Thank you.
Ronnie
BENS002

You've set us a poser here Ronnie. We'll see what answers we can come up with. Regards, Ron
WILL015

Hi Ron,

I looked at the source code of Ronnie's posts and there is an XML mark up "" and "" surrounding the areas of his messages which are red. This is usually hard to insert without using an editor or deliberately typing the mark up but I have seen it when a browser opens XML or XAML and is then closed. Using a simple text editor won't do it, so is this a feature of what Ronnie is using to edit his posts? For instance Word can save as XML by default in newer versions. For those who don't use it often, there is a "view source" option available by right clicking inside a webpage when using many browsers and also an inspector.

It looks like Ronnie's red letters are system font in red caused by the "highlight errors" css entry, possibly because the ", " tages are not defined.

Linda's husband

WILL015

In my previous reply I have typed the characters < c o d e > without spaces, and < / c o d e > also without spaces and you can see I have made the exact error which Ronnie sees.

That piece of text is the problem. Here is another demo line:

This is a red line inserted by using the code text

Cheers.
WILL015

I looked at the inserted area again and I think this is a piece of legacy Wordpress Code:

"#bbpress-forums div.bbp-reply-content code, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-reply-content pre, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-topic-content code, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-topic-content pre"

which forces the use of a different background color, Consolas font and the text color c7254e which is the dirty red.

Have fun.
BENS002

Thanks for all of that, I hadn't managed to come with anything yet, way beyond me! Hopefully Ronnie will be able to resolve his problems now. Regards, Ron
BENS002

Hi Ronnie, it looks like 'Willis' has a solution for your problem. Regards, Ron
WILL015

I think that a Wordpress/Jetpack expert is the person we need. All I have done is diagnose the problem.

Is the "code" option just above the reply window in the border the initial problem? I am pressing it now and will type a line:
Is this red?

If it is red then removing the code button which is named as an input in the div with "id = qt_bbp_reply_content-editor-container" and is the tag named "input id = qt_bbp_reply_content_code" might prevent inadvertent inserts. I think this is an easy text edit or can be done in the Jetpack editor. I don't use Wordpress, but it looks like this is the problem. If I select UL in the top border bar I get this -
    underlined text demo
so I question if a List insert (LI)or CODE inserts are even wanted on this site.

Cheers
ROBE007

Thanks Ron and Willis,

Now if one of you can come up with that in plain English I might be able to understand it as unfortunately it is beyond my
limited IT capabilities. LOL!

Ronnie
WILL015

Hi Ronnie,

What I think I have seen is a programming error in the website pages which allow replies to posts. It may be that the person who made the new site has used a set of templates from Wordpress, the program which built the new website, without totally removing or altering all the unused pieces. At the top of the reply box are several options as you see and one of them called "CODE" calls up a function which appears to do nothing on our website, but does instantly start causing lettering to outlined, set to be red and have a gray background. I don't know much about Wordpress, but someone built the site and they are the ones who need to fix this. In my world of User Interaction design it would be a very simple matter of finding what "CODE" does either making it operational or removing the "keyword" from the pages which are on line.

This should not be something a user needs to worry about and must have fallen through a testing routine. My guess is that it would take about 15 minutes to fix and test. The whole row of options probably could get reduced to B - for BOLD, I - for italics and UL - for underline as all the rest seem a little too much for a bulletin board IMO. I would not have any options at all other than allowing typing and sending.
ROBE007

Thank you Willis, that was helpful. I shall try and flag up your post to the new Webmaster to see if he can correct this programming error.

Ronnie
WADD003

Hello all, I think I now have proof that the system is broken. I have today received my "requirements" form for my forthcoming, welcome, visit. My problem is that I completed ALL of the necessary forms on this website about a month ago. That obviously isn't linked into office admin!!!