REVIEW OF THE NEWLY REFURBISHED LOCH RANNOCH HOTEL

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Mr. R. Robertson
    Participant

Having recently stayed at the newly refurbished Loch Rannoch Hotel prior to moving into our Highland Lodge I thought other owners might be interested in reading my thoughts on the refurbishment of the Hotel.
    Firstly, the Hotel has had a complete face lift on its exterior and is looking very smart. The new staff are excellent, offering visitors, particularly Lodge Owners, a warm welcome and are obviously very proud of this newly Refurbished Hotel, as they should be. It has also had a complete make over internally in Heritage colours and décor, with the original Fireplace reopened and offering theSitting Room` area a Highland Lodge feel to it. The bedrooms on the first floor are now completely refurbished in muted colours of green and purple which fit with their Heritage design. The upper floor, presently under refurbishment, will eventually offer both modern rooms and Heritage Suites.

There are three Dining Areas, and Ive eaten in all three over the week. The Estate Restaurant, offers Fine Dining in a sumptuous Dining Room with two semi-circular tables and couchettes amongst other standard dining tables, gives the Dining Room a feeling of opulence. The Lairds Larder, (formerly known as the Gittana Grill) has again been totally refurbished with both marble table tops and booths. It has a relaxed feel to it and is perfect for couples and families
    alike. The Larder also serves as the Breakfast Room providing a fantastic selection for a Cooked Breakfast or indeed a Continental Breakfast, and in the evening offers a comprehensive Childrens Menu and Dinner Menu. Listed on the Menu are local Venison and Lamb; plus both Pasta and Vegetarian Dishes. The third Dining Area is within The Wild Brownie Pub and offers Pub Grub with a twist, all delicious, particularly the Perthshire Game Casserole and the Signature Highland Brown Trout for Two! The unrealistically high McDonald Bar prices are now gone, as the new owner, Nick Pattie, has introduced realistic pricing within the Bar thus encouraging Villagers to use it as their Local and the Villagers I spoke with were indeed making use of it! The Sunday Lunch served in both the Lairds Larder and the Wild Brownie is proving to be particularly popular with LRHC Owners; Hotel Guests and Locals alike! There is now a raised area for Dining/Drinks outside of the Hotel (weather permitting) which is to be extended on each side of the access route into the Hotel.

An additional Cafe Area will be incorporated apparently down at the water edge within the presently under construction Water Sports Area and Gym which will offer Paddle Boarding; Canoeing etc with an Activity Manager already in post. E Bikes are already available for Hire. The former Swimming Pool Area is presently closed as it has workmen building an extension which will double it in size to include new changing rooms and a Spa Area/Treatment Rooms.

Many original LRHC Owners will remember the halcyon days of both the Club and the Hotel when Nick Pattie was Manager for Barratt, and now having achieved his long held ambition of owning the Hotel, he is on track to bring it back to those halcyon days including holding the family Ceilidhs with Stovies at weekends and entertainment in the Hotel during the week. So far Nick Pattie is proving his ability to deliver all he promised, which must be incredibly difficult during a Pandemic, the future therefore is not only looking good for the Hotel but also for Owners/Guests of LRHC.
    Well done to our latest Committee for negotiating such a great deal with Nick Pattie, what value at merely £25.00 for each week owned, offering us access to the new Leisure Facilities and onsite Restaurants which will immediately add value to our individual week owned, increasing both Sales and Rents at LRHC.

Our HL Lodge was clean and well stocked with soap; kitchen and toilet paper etc which in more recent years have, on occasions, been missing, The manual staff I spoke with presented as cheerful in their jobs, however some of LRHC Reception Staff need to take a leaf out of the Hotels Reception Training Manual, as LRHC Admin Staff neither looked up to make eye contact with me when I arrived or asked if I had had a pleasant journey. Again on departure no warm friendly smile was forthcoming nor was I asked if Id had a pleasant stay, surely a common courtesy to departing guests, particularly as there were no other guests waiting to be attended to. This gives a very cold and unprofessional impression of our Club, rather than a warm Highland welcome. Let`s hope the new GM quickly introduces much needed Training in Hospitality and how to make Owners/Guests feel both welcomed and valued.
    Ronnie Robertson

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.